|[Strawberries marinated in sugar juice]|
|[Mmm. Dripping goodness]|
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled & chopped
1/2 large lemon freshly squeezed
2 large eggs
1/4 cup of sugar + 1/2 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 pour (~1 tsp) of vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Let it marinate in the juices for an hour in the fridge.
2. Beat eggs until "light and fluffy" in a large bowl. This took about 1 minute and a half, but I just did the full 2 minutes just in case.
3. Gradually add the rest of the sugar and mix well.
4. Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
5. Add the contents of the strawberry marinade and mix well.
6. Gently stir in cream until just combined.
7. Get the ice cream maker bowl out of the freezer, and put the ice cream maker together.
8. Add the mixture to the ice cream maker, and turn it on.
9. Let the machine do it's thing for about 20 minutes. If it's still not solid enough (mine wasn't), transfer to a freezer- safe container and freeze.
I also made fake Pinkberry's frozen yogurt, using Greek yogurt. Delish & legit.